HR support for small businesses
Most SME business owners know the frustration of spending more time than they want on non-revenue generating activities, but as a growing business there are critical HR functions that need dedicated support. From law compliance, recruiting, staff training and development, through to employee relations, managers and directors can spend a significant proportion of their day engaged in these necessary but time consuming tasks. We provide practical HR support for small businesses, acting as an extension of your business which means you have your own dedicated HR expert who will compliment your existing team.
We work with you to streamline your people processes and unravel employment legislation, so that you and your people can get on with what you all do best. What’s more, we offer these services on a retained or ad-hoc basis so total flexibility to meet your business requirements.
- Employment law advice.
- Maintenance of legally compliant employment contracts, HR systems, policies & procedures.
- Job descriptions and handbooks.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Induction programmes.
- Handling of performance, absence and disciplinary issues.
- Helping you manage dismissals and redundancy.
- Dealing with employee issues and requests.
- HR support and employment advice for managers.
- Annual pay review administration.
- HR software and payroll.
“I would just like to thank you again for all the help and support over the past two years. I know I can say on behalf of Jenny and myself how you have all helped us put the right structure in place and having you there as our safety net has been great! All done with a friendly voice on the end of the phone”
HR Outsourcing – your expert HR team
Struggling to manage your increasingly complex HR function yourself? Or are you grappling with the decision whether now is the right time to employ a specialist but are concerned about the costs? If this resonates with you then our HR Outsourcing service is an ideal solution.
It’s a fully managed HR solution, whereby our expert team will take over the day-to-day management of all your HR tasks. We’ll take away all the stress and ensure that your HR processes are being run efficiently and in compliance with employment legislation.
We can provide virtual or on-site support leaving you to focus on what you do best – running your business – and we could save you money compared to handling HR in-house.
HR Projects – pay as you go support
Got a specific HR issue or niggle? Not sure how to handle a specific HR challenge? Or simply want to get a robust HR strategy in place? Then our HR Projects service is for you.
We don’t do ‘off the shelf’ solutions as we like to get up close and personal – to really understand you, your company and your people, so that what we recommend fits with the individual needs of your business.
And we don’t just give you advice. We follow it through and help you to plan and make the changes, measuring outcomes as we go. So whatever the issue, we can project manage it for you and deliver great results for your business.
Some of the projects we cover include:
- Compliance – ensuring your documents are up-to-date and meet current employment legislation.
- Performance Management – gives you a great platform on which to assess each employee’s contribution to your business and their effectiveness.
- Induction Programmes – gives your new starter the best possible introduction to your business, values and expectations so that they start off on the right foot.
- Job Descriptions – we analyse each role within your business and provide a written definition of what it entails and a set of competencies that will help you to recruit properly and measure performance.
- The soft side of HR -providing a focal point for your staff to help them feel engaged, valued and happy! Happy people are productive people.
- Culture Change – a redefining of the corporate vision and values and aligning them to company culture and employees. Enables growth and increased profits.
‘Rachel explained to me that KCA had a new start up HR package, ideal for our business. The relaxed environment that Rachel and Catherine created was ideal and the whole process was effortless…’ Andy Kaye, Operations Director, 4Site IT Solutions
Clarity HR is an affordable, comprehensive cloud-based business management tool that allows SMEs to record and manage employee information.
Move from tracking employee information in spreadsheets and filing cabinets to personalised HR software that gives you the freedom to focus on your business.