A brilliant opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to become part of this extremely successful, long-established company which specialises in the design and manufacture of hi-tech power transmission solutions. They have an excellent reputation in their sector and are driven by clear values of innovation, integrity, quality and agility…they look for the same in their people!
As Technical Manager you will be part of the management team and report into the Managing Director. This is a new post for the company and would suit an ambitious and experienced middle manager who is ready to take the next step into a broader role, with a wider remit. You will have extensive knowledge within a technical, highly regulated engineering business and be skilled in working with suppliers and customers both in and outside of the UK. Your people management abilities will be exceptional, and you will be a proactive leader who appreciates their people as much as the company does.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Manager are to…
- Work with the directors to achieve corporate goals and objectives
- Act as technical lead for both day to day and strategic technical decisions in terms of both products and services offered to market
- Control the project management process from start to finish to ensure delivery is on time, to specification and to budget
- Develop and implement appropriate and effective process improvements as required
- Proactively manage client and supplier relationships
- Lead on the requisite quality standards conformity
- Identify potential new technical development opportunities through regular client contact
- Manage the current in-house ERP system and ensure that its fit for purpose
- Ensure KPIs are in place and delivered on
- Identify any skills gaps within the business and support a relevant recruitment programme as required
The successful Technical Manager candidate…
- Holds a higher education level qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering
- Is commercially and strategically astute with proven experience of working within an modern SME engineering business
- Is organised and structured in their approach to all aspects of their role, with a real eye for the detail – a clear thinker and finisher
- Will be an exceptional communicator at all levels with the ability to adapt style to suit audience
- Is someone who can motivate, encourage and lead a team to achieve high levels of performance
- Is of an ambitious, entrepreneurial and self-motivated nature with the confidence to challenge at a senior level within the business
- Will ideally have had some exposure to overseas manufacturing but not essential
- Is goal focussed and results driven
- Must be able and willing to travel overseas to see suppliers for up to 10 days at a time
In return, you will receive a salary of up min £40,000 (neg) per annum depending on experience.